Having an Aadhaar Card has become the most important thing in life, which is also used as an identity proof in all fields and plays an important role when you are applying for any scholarship or scheme.
You can have a single Aadhaar card in various formats like you can have an Aadhaar PVC Card, in Physical format, or you can also have the Aadhaar card in electronic format which can be downloaded and converted into pdf format which also comes in the form of password protected.
To have an Aadhaar PVC Card you just need to go to the official website of uidai and apply for it in just a few simple steps
To have an electronic Aadhaar following are the steps you need to follow to download your own e-Aadhaar and save it in the form of pdf format
How To Download e-Aadhaar?
Here is the step-by-step procedure to download your e-Aadhaar and save it in pdf format which is also password protected.
- Go to the official website of uidai which is uidia.gov.in and login into it
- Click on My Aadhaar where will see various services available on the portal in which you need to click on Download e-Aadhaar option
- Once you Click on e-Aadhaar, the portal will show up a page from where you can download your e-Aadhaar and save it in the form of a pdf
- On the portal now it will ask you to enter your Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID or Virtual ID, click on any one option and enter the captcha code displayed
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number, enter the same or if you don’t have your number registered you can click on send TOTP (Time Based One Time Password) which you will receive on whichever number you enter
- Now when you click on verify and submit, you will receive a pdf of your e-Aadhaar which is Password Protected
- The Password to open your e-Aadhaar pdf file will be the first four letters of your name and your 4 digit date of birth year
- For example: Suppose your name is Abhishek and your year of birth is 1999 then your password will be ABHI1999 where the first four letters of your name will be capital or as in Aadhaar Card.
In brief, from the portal, you can easily download your e-Aadhaar by just visiting the official website of uidai and use it whenever you forgot to take up your physical Aadhaar or in any emergency which is valid as that of Physical aadhaar.
Thus you can save the pdf and use the same whenever necessary and it has the same importance and is valid for all purposes it is the same as that of your physical Aadhaar card.